2012-02-28 Alternative Road Maintenance Practice for Gas and Oil Development – Mars, PA
February 28, 2012 (Tue) 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Four Points by Sheraton Pittsburgh North, Cranberry Room
910 Sheraton Dr, Mars, PA 16046
A comprehensive, one-day course on innovative and effective practices that can reduce maintenance costs and lessen the environmental impact of unpaved roads.
* Environmentally Sensitive Maintenance Practices (ESMPs) to reduce road maintenance costs and control erosion from the road area
* Roadside influences including bank maintenance and vegetation concerns
* Stream interface considerations
* Troubleshooting roadside ditches and ditch outlets
* Selection and use of quality road materials to improve both road base and surface aggregates
* Improving road durability and longevity
* Road base considerations
* Practical Drainage Solutions
This one-day, intensive course will help companies and consultants learn proven practices that will lessen long-term maintenance costs and reduce the environmental impacts of unpaved roads experiencing heavy hauling. The instructors have decades of “boots on-the-ground” experience with the practices they teach as well as with conditions specific to Marcellus Shale development.
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone who has their own unpaved roads, or maintains roads for a municipality!
- Gas Companies
- Oil Companies
- Power companies
- ANY heavy hauling!
- Consultants for the above.
Fee: $395 includes breakfast and lunch