PA Dems Introduce 6 New Bills to “Fix” Act 13 Drilling Law
Pennsylvania Democrats have introduced a series of six grandstanding bills into the state legislature called the “Marcellus Compact” that stand no chance of passage. But that’s not why they introduced them. The purpose is to have an issue they can demagogue as they try to win back control of one or both state houses in the next election.
According to the Dems and the sycophantic media that supports them:
The Marcellus Compact is a six-bill legislative package that fixes the flawed, industry-friendly Marcellus Shale law. The Marcellus Compact is a promise by House Democrats to put the interests of Pennsylvania taxpayers, workers and families first.
The Marcellus Compact also includes the following six bills:
- H.B. 2412, sponsored by Frank Dermody, D-Allegheny
- H.B. 2413, sponsored by Democratic Whip Mike Hanna, D-Clinton/Centre
- H.B. 2415, sponsored by Rep. Matt Bradford, D-Montgomery
- H.B. 2416, sponsored by Rep. Phyllis Mundy, D-Luzerne
- H.B. 2399, sponsored by Rep. Rick Mirabito, D-Lycoming
- H.B. 2414, sponsored by Rep. Steve Santarsiero, D-Bucks*
*NewtownPatch (May 25, 2012) – Santarsiero Introduces Bill as Part of Marcellus Shale Compact