OH Gov Kasich Latest Frack Tax Plan – Third Time’s the Charm?

Ohio Gov. John Kasich is trying to make his plan to hike severance taxes on oil and gas drilling in the fledgling Utica Shale a little more palatable with a bribe plan to kick back 25% of the taxes raised to the eastern Ohio counties most affected by drilling. The other 75% would, of course, be spent on lowering everyone else’s income taxes a tiny fraction–instead of making the tough choices of cutting obscene government spending. Typical political sleaze–and shameful coming from a so-called conservative Republican.

This is the third such tax increase plan Kasich has tried to push through. Here’s the details of the latest plan, such that they are, being floated by Kasich’s office:

Please Login to view this content. (Not a member? Join Today!)
Password Reset
Please enter your e-mail address. You will receive a new password via e-mail.