OGA 9: Panel Discussion – Community Engagement
Panel V: Community Engagement: Are we losing the Public’s confidence?
- Winning the public perception battle: What is the current perception and how can positive change
- Connecting with local communities – employing local workers, donating to local charities, finance community projects
- Employing effective transparency to manage adverse events
- Judging the importance of social media in connecting with the community and stakeholders
- Forced pooling/unitization – how to make the case
- First impressions count: are your landmen helping or hurting your company’s reputation?
- Connecting with your leased landowners – keeping the lines of communication open and operating
- Maintaining good relations with surface rights owners who don’t own mineral rights
- Dealing with anti-drilling groups and protesters in a professional and positive way
Moderator: Alex Grant, Conference Producer, Oil & Gas Awards
Speakers: Brittany Thomas, Coordinator External Affairs, Cabot Oil & Gas
Sarah Barczyk, Manager, Community Relations & Stakeholder Outreach, NiSource Midstream Services
Dan Weaver, Public Relations, PIOGA
Stacey Brodak, Manager Community and Media Relations, Noble Energy