PA 2014 Impact Fee Payments: List of Drillers & What They Paid

pickpocketAfter being shamed into it by state Republicans, the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC), after delaying it for two months, yesterday released the numbers for the 2014 impact fees–the equivalent of a severance tax on PA’s drillers. The total raised was $223.5 million, to be divvied up between those places where drilling takes place (receiving 60% of the fee) and other boondoggles cooked up by Harrisburg politicians (the other 40%). See today’s companion story on who gets what from the 2014 impact fee (PA 2014 Impact Fee Disbursements: Why Did PUC Delay?). This post concentrates on the drillers themselves and how much money each one contributed to the impact fee pot for 2014. Below are some helpful pie charts from the PUC (including the number of active wells in the most-drilled counties), followed by the entire list of who paid how much…

Please Login to view this content. (Not a member? Join Today!)
You do not have permission to view the comments.
Password Reset
Please enter your e-mail address. You will receive a new password via e-mail.