Last week’s poll took the pulse of MDN readers to find out whether or not they think all high-volume horizontal hydraulic fracturing should be banned. It was our second-highest number of votes for any poll, showing a real interest in the topic. The results are in, and by an overwhelming majority, MDN readers to not think fracking should be banned.
Should all high-volume horizontal hydraulic fracturing be banned?
No (70%, 295 Votes)
Yes (26%, 109 Votes)
Not sure (4%, 17 Votes)
Total Voters: 421
This Week’s Poll: What’s your interest in MDN?
MDN will soon make some changes as editor Jim Willis transitions to a new role with his day job. In preparation for those changes, it would be useful to know just who is visiting the MDN site—what your primary purpose is for visiting. Nearly 30,000 unique, different people visit MDN each month. Are you a landowner interested in news about drilling and how it will affect you? Do you work for a drilling or a drilling-related company? Work for government? Etc. Please take a moment to anonymously tell us who you are/what your primary motivator is in visiting the site by voting in the poll on the right side of any page in the site. Thanks!
Below are the most recent “top 5” lists and the calendar of Marcellus related events for the next two weeks. The calendar is pretty thin! Things are now winding down for the end of year holiday season. Look for this weekly update next Saturday instead of Christmas day (Sunday).
Jim Willis, Editor
Five Most Viewed Stories This Past Week (Dec 11th – Dec 17th)
- Surprise Announcement of Ethane Cracker Plant in WV (12/12/11)
- WV Has New Marcellus Drilling Law in Record Time (12/15/11)
- NY Frack Calculator Shows Tax Revenue from Just One Well (12/14/11)
- Bradford Drilling Sues Partner Norse Energy for No Drilling (12/12/11)
- Range Resources Reduces Lease Offer to North Strabane Twp (12/14/11)
Five Most Viewed Stories Last 30 Days (Nov 17th– Dec 17th)
- Picture of Hypocritical Anti-Driller at Recent NY DEC Hearing (11/22/11)
- New Website Shows Maps with Permits, Wells, Pipelines & More (11/30/11)
- Major Discovery – Chesapeake Energy Strikes Oil (and Gas) in Ohio’s Utica Shale (7/29/11)
- List of 78 Chemicals Used in Hydraulic Fracturing Fluid in Pennsylvania (6/30/10)
- New Waterless Fracking Technology Tested in TX (11/21/11)
MDN Calendar (Dec 18th – Dec 31st)