MDN is proud to be supporting this year’s Pennsylvania Independent Oil & Gas Association (PIOGA) Eastern Oil & Gas Conference and Trade Show, which will take place Oct 27-28 at the Monroeville Convention Center just outside Pittsburgh. The event features a conference, trade show and networking events–a “must attend” event for those involved with oil and gas drilling in the PA (and associated industries). Below is the just-announced line-up for conference presentations. Oh! And be sure you don’t miss the Halloween-themed mixer Tuesday evening!…
The PIOGA announcement:
The 2015 edition of the Pennsylvania Independent Oil & Gas Association’s Eastern Oil & Gas Conference and Trade Show will explore the question, “Where Are We, Where Are We Going?” with a lineup of speakers who will offer their perspective on the current state of the industry and their expectations for the future as the Northeast’s shale plays continue to have a tremendous impact on the energy market.
The event takes place October 27 and 28 at the Monroeville Convention Center, just outside Pittsburgh, and features a day-and-a-half conference, a two-day trade show and networking events.
“Our industry is in a painful state of flux, pressured by persistent low product prices and new government-imposed costs, while looking for relief in the form of pipeline expansions and other new market opportunities for our abundant natural gas,” commented Louis D. D’Amico, the trade association’s President and Executive Director. “We expect our program will offer unique insights into how and when things will turn around, as well as strategies companies can employ to get them through these tough times.”
Among the conference presentations are:
* Addresses by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf (invited) and State House Speaker Mike Turzai.
* Natural Gas Production Company Executives’ Panel, headlined by top officials from Enervest and CNX who will discuss current efforts and future plans and will be asked to consult their personal “crystal ball” for the what the future holds for the industry.
* Dr. Bernard Weinstein of SMU’s Macguire Energy Institute on the benefits of oil and gas in Pennsylvania.
* Mergers and Acquisitions / Analysis of Results of Marcellus and Utica Wells – Timothy S. Knoblock, James Knoblock Petroleum Consultants, Inc.
* Overview of Natural Gas Supply and Demand – Mathew Hoza, BTU Analytics.
* Natural Gas Migration Incidence and Mitigation – Timothy Erikson, Moody and Associates, Inc.
* Pooling and Unitization in Pennsylvania – John Carroll and Justin Weber, Pepper Hamilton.
* Market Dynamics Influencing Future Pricing of Natural Gas and Oil – Tim Bigler, Direct Energy.
Trade show hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, October 27, and 9 .m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday the 28th, leaving plenty of time to conferees to visit the show floor. Conference registrants can also participate in Monday evening’s Exhibitor Appreciation Reception, along with a networking reception at the close of Tuesday’s program, followed by a Halloween-themed mixer.
For complete event information, including registration and exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities, click on the PIOGA Events link at www.pioga.org.