West Virginia Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin yesterday announced the members of his Natural Gas Vehicle Task Force. Tomblin announced the formation of the Task Force a month ago with the mission of investigating if, and how, the state can convert all of it’s state-owned vehicles to run on natural gas (see this MDN story).
Yesterday’s announcement names the members of the new Task Force. It’s all all-star cast from some of the country’s biggest drillers and pipeline companies.
From the Governor’s press release:
Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin announced the members of the Natural Gas Vehicle Task Force. The Task Force will assess the feasibility of transitioning the state’s vehicle fleet to natural gas as a fuel source and developing a supporting infrastructure.
The first meeting of the Task Force will take place July 12, 2012 at 1 p.m. in the House Government Organization Committee Room, Room 215E State Capitol.
“I look forward to joining the members of the Natural Gas Vehicle Task Force at their first meeting on July 12,” said Gov. Tomblin. “The members’ knowledge and skill in producing, transporting and retailing of natural gas will help us to determine whether we can use our state’s abundance of natural gas to fuel our state’s transportation needs.”
The Task Force, comprised of the following individuals, will report the status of their efforts to the Office of the Governor. The Task Force members are:
- General Counsel, Office of the Governor; Peter Markham
- Director of Public Policy, Office of the Governor; Hallie Mason (Chair)
- Secretary, West Virginia Department of Commerce; Keith Burdette
- Secretary, West Virginia Department of Revenue; Charles Lorensen
- Secretary, West Virginia Department of Transportation; Paul Mattox
- Executive Director, West Virginia Office of Fleet Management; Clay Chandler
- Executive Director of Transportation, West Virginia Department of Education; Ben Shew
- Mr. Philip A. Reale, Charleston, W.Va., Law Offices of Philip A. Reale, PLLC, representing IOGA
- Mr. Chuck Davidson, Houston, Texas, CEO, Nobel Energy
- Mr. W. Henry Harmon, Hurricane, W.Va., CEO, Triana Energy
- Mr. Rick Blankenship, Denver, Colo., Director of Health and Safety, Antero Resources
- Mr. John Young, Charleston, W.Va., Manager of Marketing and Transportation, Northeast Natural Energy
- Mr. Scott Rotruck, Morgantown, W.Va., VP of Corporate Development, Chesapeake Energy
- Mr. Robert C. Orndorff Jr., Clarksburg, W.Va., Government Relations, Dominion Resources
- Mr. Jim Scheel, Tulsa, Okla., VP of Corporate Affairs, Williams
- Mr. Steve Winberg , South Park, PA, VP of Research and Development, CONSOL
- Mr. Michael R. Graney, Belle, W.Va., President, OneStop
- Mr. Greg Darby, Beckley, W.Va. President, Little General Stores
- Mr. Frank M. Semple, Denver, Colo., Chairman/President/CEO, MarkWest Energy Partners
- Mr. Paul Gaughan, Gassaway, W.Va., President, GoMart, Inc.
- Mr. David Ross, Pittsburgh, Pa., Director of Technical Marketing and Business Development, EQT
- Mr. Francis “Frank” McCullough, Charleston, W.Va., Retired, Natural Gas Industry
- Mr. Jim Hunt, Clarksburg, W.Va., Current Board Member and Past President, National League of Cities
- Mr. Ryan White, South Charleston, W.Va., White Law Offices, PLLC*
*Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin (Jul 11, 2012) – Governor Tomblin Announces Members of the Natural Gas Vehicle Task Force