Chesapeake Energy Receives First ‘Labor Camp’ Permits in WV

Some people call them “man camps.” Others call them “labor camps.” Whatever you call them, small groups of people (usually men) working on location and living in trailers—like what happens at drill pad sites—are now officially called labor camps in West Virginia. If a site in WV has 10 or more people living and working on location, you need a special permit according to a new state law.

Chesapeake Energy has become the first driller in WV (Ohio County) to apply for and receive a labor camp permit:

Please Login to view this content. (Not a member? Join Today!)
You do not have permission to view the comments.

Please Login to post a comment