With the passage of the new Marcellus drilling law in Pennsylvania that establishes an impact fee, what happens next? The StateImpact website has a helpful timeline, which includes:
- First 60 days – After the bill is signed by Gov. Corbett, counties have 60 days to enact legislation establishing a local impact fee.
- Sept 1, 2012 – Due date for retroactive 2011 fees.
- Jan 1, 2013 – All drillers must start posting full details of the chemicals they use on FracFocus.org.
- Jan 31, 2013 – The Public Utility Commission will set 2012 fee rates.
- Apr 1, 2013 – 2012 fees are due.
See a full description for each of these key dates by clicking the link below.
*StateImpact (Feb 8, 2012) – What Happens Now That Pennsylvania Legislators Have Passed An Impact Fee